The first three seconds of a video are crucial. Subtitles can help us quickly understand a subject, intrigue us or interest us. Our eyes instantly scan what we see and in that very short time we decide whether to watch or move on. Video SEO is therefore another valuable promotional and advertising tool.
Accessibility and maximum impact
- Videos increase organic website traffic from search results by 157%.
- Videos up to 2 minutes get the most engagement
- 64% of consumers make a purchase after watching a brand video on social media.
- 85% of Facebook users and 80% of LinkedIn users view their social media feeds with the sound off.
- Consumers who visit an e-commerce site after watching a video are 184% more likely to make a purchase and spend 45% more.
Video transcription and captioning make video content accessible to a wider audience, including those who can't hear or prefer to watch videos with the sound off.
Textual content is easily crawled by search engines. You can easily see this by monitoring video indexing reports in Google Search Console.
If a user doesn't want to watch the entire video, they can use transcripts to review the content and understand the key points. This increases engagement, and placing internal links allows you to retain the reader by driving them back to your website.
Subtitles contain valuable keywords and phrases that are used to optimise and rank higher in search results.
Captions and other text content increase video views by 80%. In addition, captions allow search engines to crawl the content, increasing the chances that your content will be indexed. Video transcripts can also reduce your bounce rate. For search engines, this means that the content you publish is attractive to users.